Blood Pressure Readings
What is Blood Pressure (click here for more information)
Blood pressure is a measure of the force that your heart uses to pump blood around your body.
Blood pressure is measured in millimetres of mercury (mmHg) and is given as 2 figures:
- systolic pressure – the pressure when your heart pushes blood out
- diastolic pressure – the pressure when your heart rests between beats
For example, if your blood pressure is "140 over 90" or 140/90mmHg, it means you have a systolic pressure of 140mmHg and a diastolic pressure of 90mmHg.
As a general guide:
- ideal blood pressure is considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg
- high blood pressure is considered to be 140/90mmHg or higher
- low blood pressure is considered to be 90/60mmHg or lower
Home Blood Pressures - Auto Calculated Averages
Please click on the link below to open the savable spreadsheet. Complete readings over 7 days and the averages will automatically calculate. Please save this to your device and email to email@example.com
Home Blood Pressures - Download and Print
Please click on the link below to download and print ta home BP form. Complete readings over 7 days. You can then return the form to the practice either by email firstname.lastname@example.org , by post or drop it into reception.