Pharmacy Opening Hours - Bank Holiday 2022
The pharmacies in the links below should be open as shown. The details are correct at the time of publishing but are subject to change. You are advised to contact the pharmacy before attending to ensure they are open and have the medication you require. Details of local pharmacies can also be found by visiting www.nhs.uk
If you need regular medication you may obtain a repeat prescription from us. Please ensure that you always give us three full working days notice of requiring a repeat prescription.
It is important that we can identify the patient and what is required. We would therefore request that you include the following:
- Date of Birth
- Name of the drug as written on the repeat slip (right hand side of script) and the strength (e.g. 500mg)
- Which Chemist you wish to collect the script from.
In the case of multiple requests, this information must be included for each patient requesting medication. If an item is not for repeat or the doctor wishes to review the patient we will contact you.
Requests for Repeat Prescriptions can be made in several ways:
- Leave a suitable request in the box provided in reception or in one of the local chemists
- Post (please ensure request is signed)
- Internet: you should email the dispensary at firstname.lastname@example.org (Patients should not use this means to discuss any other clinical matters)
- You can also order your repeat prescription online via your chosen online services provider (when you use the website please look for the confirmation at the top of the screen to show that your request has been forwarded).
Unfortunately, in the interests of safety, requests for repeat prescriptions cannot be taken verbally over the telephone.
Online Repeat Prescriptions
If you wish to order repeat prescriptions online, this can be done through whichever Patient Online Access provider you have chosen
- If you are registered with Patient Access then click here to log in
- If you are registered with Evergreen Life then click here to log in
- If you are registered with Dimec then this must be done through their mobile phone app
- You can also download the NHS App to your mobile device
Dimec and NHS App need to be downloaded on your mobile device from the App Store or Play Store.
If you have any problems with ordering prescriptions online please contact a member of the dispensary team on 01235 639521 option 3 or email email@example.com
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to have a review of these regular medications with a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year and notification should appear on your repeat slip. This appointment can initially be a routine telephone appointment with your usual doctor.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
For help with health costs for people getting Universal Credit, please visit the NHS website.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.